Adolf Hitler was a ruthless Austrian Fascist Dictator and perhaps one of the most Evil influential and iconic historic figures the world has ever seen. He alongside Josef Stalin and Mao Zedong was one of the most powerful and murderous leaders of the 20th Century.
He is known for being the main antagonistic force behind the Second World War exterminating and torturing millions of people invading and occupying other countries as well as being the founder Leader and Supreme Commander of the Nazi Party. His Nazi Party existed from 1920 -1945 with many villains of the James Bond Series being ex-Nazis trying to continue his legacy.
References in the James Bond Series
- In the Novel Icebreaker an ex-Nazi SS officer Aarne Tudeer seeks to continue Hitler's work by using his National Socialist Action Army to assassinate Communist leaders.
- In Moonraker, Sir Hugo Drax a former Wehrmacht soldier and member of the National Socialist German Workers Party plans to detonate a Nuclear Bomb in London as revenge for his Führer's defeat at the hands of the Allies.
- In the John Gardner Novel Seafire Sir Maxwell Tarn is a man who apparently thinks he's Hitler and plans to use one of Hitler's U-Boats in a demonstration while starting an oil spill fire.
- In the movie The Living Daylights Brad Whitaker is an admirer of Hitler and even has a statue of him and many other ruthless military commanders.
- In both the Book and the Movie Casino Royale the Hitman's name Adolph Gettler may be a reference to Adolf Hitler.