|Cast & Crew|
|James Bond:||Daniel Craig|
|Producer(s):|| Michael G. Wilson,|
|Writer(s):|| Ian Fleming (Characters)|
John Logan (Screenplay)
Neal Purvis (Screenplay)
Robert Wade (Screenplay)
|Cinematographer:||Hoyte van Hoytema|
|Facts & Figures|
|Distributed By:|| Columbia Pictures,|
|Released:||November 6, 2015|
|Followed By:||Bond 25|
The majority of the creative crew from Skyfall is returning: in addition to Craig and Mendes, John Logan, Neal Purvis and Robert Wade are also returning as screenwriters. The film received the worldwide release date of November 6, 2015.
In the film, a cryptic message from Bond’s past sends him on a trail to uncover a sinister organisation. While M battles political forces to keep the secret service alive, Bond peels back the layers of deceit to reveal the terrible truth behind SPECTRE.
The film's title is derived from the criminal organization SPECTRE, which was prominent during the original Bond films and several Ian Fleming novels. The organisation's logo, an octopus, is also referenced in the official teaser poster.
Shortly after Skyfall premiered, pre-production on Bond 24 began. Bond franchise staples Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson are returning as executive producers and EON Productions, MGM and Sony/Columbia Pictures are returning as production companies. Sony Pictures Home Entertainment secured the rights for home distribution.
With Daniel Craig under contract for two more Bond films, MGM and EON Productions hired Skyfall writer John Logan to pen Bond 24 and 25 as a two-parter, to film simultaneously and release in 2014 and 2015. Immediately after Skyfall Mendes had shown interest in directing Bond 24 but passed the torch in March 2013 in order to focus on his stage work. MGM, EON, and Mendes continued to meet and plan the future of the Bond franchise and decided to abandon the two-parter concept and push back the release of Bond 24 to 2015 to accommodate Mendes' schedule.
On October 21, Ralph Fiennes confirmed he would be in Bond 24 saying "I think everyone knows that, I don’t think that’s particularly a secret." On November 24 Naomie Harris confirmed she would also be returning for Bond 24. In February 2014, while promoting his film The Grand Budapest Hotel, Ralph Fiennes revealed that shooting for Bond 24 would occur in October 2014. He also teased that Gareth Mallory might not be stuck behind a desk in the film. In late March 2014 John Logan teased that he had completed the first draft of the script but was cautious to reveal any spoilers about the possible return of S.P.E.C.T.R.E., Quantum, other 00 agents, or other returning elements. In an April 2014 interview with Charlie Rose, Sam Mendes revealed that Bond 24 would be a "continuation" of the character stories he began in Skyfall, namely the new characters' (M, Moneypenny, Tanner, and Q) relationships with Bond and each other.
On June 27, it was announced that Neal Purvis and Robert Wade were hired to polish the script, specifically to "punch up the script and sprinkle in more gags" and improve the banter between Bond, Moneypenny and M. Some reports indicate the re-write may be more significant than originally planned. Due to the re-writes, production has been pushed back to December 6 2014 with the same hopeful autumn 2015 release date. In November screenwriter Jeremy "Jez" Butterworth was hired to do a final polish of the script, which reportedly did not affect the filming schedule.
Months after it was confirmed Skyfall cinematographer Roger Deakins would not be returning for Bond 24. Hoyte van Hoytema was named cinematographer. Set construction was spotted in Obertilliach, Austria. In October 2014 French actress Lea Seydoux was announced as being cast as a Bond girl in the film. In November two time Oscar winning actor Christoph Waltz was announced as being cast in a unspecified role. On December 4, 2014 the official title and cast were announced.
Cast & CharactersEdit
Cast Notes Edit
- Jesper Christensen revealed in an interview on December 5 2014 that he would be returning as Mr. White.
- "I am very pleased that by giving me the time I need to honour all my theatre commitments, the producers have made it possible for me to direct Bond 24. I very much look forward to taking up the reins again, and to working with Daniel Craig, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli for a second time."
- ― Sam Mendes
- Directed by: Sam Mendes
- Written by: Ian Fleming (characters only), John Logan, Neal Purvis and Robert Wade (screenplay)
- Produced by: Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli
- Cinematography by Hoyte van Hoytema
- Production Design by Dennis Gassner
- Edited by Lee Smith
- Music composed by Thomas Newman
- 2nd Unit Director Alexander Witt
- SFX Supervisor Chris Corbould
- VFX Supervisor Steve Begg
- Costume Designer Jany Temime
- Stunt Coordinator Gary Powell
Daniel Craig has been rumoured to have asked for Adele to return to perform the next Bond theme following the success of "Skyfall", but fans of other artists are rallying for a change of artist between films. It was reported that MGM was getting tired of waiting for Adele to decide whether or not she wanted to do the song, and that Sam Smith was in talks to do the theme for Bond 24 instead. However, it was further stated that Daniel Craig supposedly still wants Adele to do the theme song. 
Judi Dench, whose character M died in Skyfall, has joked about a possible return in the next Bond film despite her role as M being passed on to Gareth Mallory (Ralph Fiennes). When asked if she thought Skyfall was her final James Bond film, she jokingly replied: "Certainly not. No, certainly not. I could go on for years. Maybe I'll come back as a ghost. Now that would be Shakespearian," making reference to a previous role.
Press conference Edit
Austria Photo Call Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 7/11/13 — 007.com — Bond 24 news
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 12/4/14 — 007.com — Bond Returns in Spectre
- ↑ 10/26/13 — Deadline.com — ‘Gladiator’ Scribe John Logan To Write Next Two James Bond Films
- ↑ 2/15/13 — Hitfix.com — Skyfall' director Sam Mendes likely to return for next James Bond film
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 4/30/14 — EmpireOnline.com — Sam Mendes Explains His Bond 24 Return
- ↑ 10/19/13 — Metro.co.uk - Ralph Fiennes ‘excited’ about playing M in the next James Bond film
- ↑ 11/24/13 — NYDailyNews.com - As Winnie Mandela, Naomie Harris found the role of her career in ‘Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom’
- ↑ 3/3/14 — Hitfix.com — Ralph Fiennes says new 'Bond' film to start shooting in October
- ↑ 3/5/14 — Hitfix.com — Ralph Fiennes stokes James Bond rumors and talks about M's future
- ↑ 3/5/14 — EmpireOnline.com — John Logan Gives Bond 24 Script Update
- ↑ 6/27/14 — SlashFilm.com — ‘Bond 24′ Brings Back ‘Skyfall’ Scribes Neal Purvis and Robert Wade
- ↑ 9/15/14 — TheHollwoodNews.com — Bond 24 Gets A Start Date
- ↑ 11/6/14 — ComicBookMovie.com — Edge of Tommorow Screenwriter Polishing Bond 24 Script
- ↑ 2/19/14 — EmpireOnline.com — Roger Deakins Won't Shoot Bond 24
- ↑ 9/16/14 — Collider.com — HER and INTERSTELLAR Cinematographer Hoyte van Hoytema to Replace Roger Deakins on BOND 24; May Shoot on Film
- ↑ 9/25/14 — ComicbookMovie.com — First BOND 24 Set Photo Has Surfaced
- ↑ 12/10/14 — Move over Rihanna, actress Léa Seydoux is the new Bond girl
- ↑ 21/11/14 — Christoph Waltz Boards Bond 24
- ↑ 12/5/14 — ScreenRant.com — ‘Quantum of Solace’s Mr. White Says He’s Returning for ‘Spectre’
- ↑ 1/5/13 — Mirror.co.uk — For your ears only! Daniel Craig wants Adele to sing the theme to the next Bond blockbuster
- ↑ 8/8/14 — Enstarz.com — 'James Bond 24' Movie News: Sam Smith In Negotiations For Theme But Star Daniel Craig Still Wants Adele
- ↑ 11/9/12 — HuffingtonPost.com — Judi Dench On 'Skyfall' & Her Reign As M
|James Bond films|
Dr. No (1962) - From Russia with Love (1963) - Goldfinger (1964) - Thunderball (1965) - You Only Live Twice (1967) - Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
| George Lazenby |
On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
Live and Let Die (1973) - The Man with the Golden Gun (1974) - The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) - Moonraker (1979) - For Your Eyes Only (1981) - Octopussy (1983) - A View to a Kill (1985)
The Living Daylights (1987) - Licence to Kill (1989)
GoldenEye (1995) - Tomorrow Never Dies (1998) - The World Is Not Enough (1999) - Die Another Day (2002)
Casino Royale (2006) - Quantum of Solace (2008) - Skyfall (2012) - Spectre (2015) - Bond 25
Casino Royale (1954) - Casino Royale (1967) - Never Say Never Again (1983)