|Cast & Crew|
|James Bond:||Daniel Craig|
|Producer(s):|| Michael G. Wilson,|
|Writer(s):|| Ian Fleming (Characters)|
John Logan (Screenplay)
Neal Purvis (Screenplay)
Robert Wade (Screenplay)
|Cinematographer:||Hoyte van Hoytema|
|Facts & Figures|
|Distributed By:|| Columbia Pictures,|
|Released:||November 6, 2015|
|Followed By:||Bond 25|
- "You are a kite dancing in a hurricane, Mr. Bond."
- ― Mr. White
Spectre is the twenty-fourth film in the James Bond series produced by Eon Productions. Like the previous film Skyfall, Spectre was written by John Logan, Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, is directed by Sam Mendes and features Daniel Craig in his fourth performance as James Bond. The film will release worldwide on November 6, 2015 in regular and IMAX theatres.
In the film, a cryptic message from Bond’s past sends him on a trail to uncover a sinister organisation. While M battles political forces to keep the secret service alive, Bond peels back the layers of deceit to reveal the terrible truth behind SPECTRE.
The film's title is derived from the criminal organization SPECTRE, which was prominent during the original Bond films and several Ian Fleming novels. The organisation's logo, an octopus, is also referenced in the official teaser poster.
Shortly after Skyfall premiered, pre-production on Bond 24 began. Bond franchise staples Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson returned as executive producers and EON Productions, MGM and Sony/Columbia Pictures returned as production companies. Sony Pictures Home Entertainment secured the rights for home distribution.
With Daniel Craig under contract for two more Bond films, MGM and EON Productions hired Skyfall writer John Logan to pen Bond 24 and 25 as a two-parter, to film simultaneously and release in 2014 and 2015. Immediately after Skyfall Mendes had shown interest in directing Bond 24 but passed in March 2013 in order to focus on his stage work. MGM, EON, and Mendes continued to meet and plan the future of the Bond franchise and decided to abandon the two-parter concept and push back the release of Bond 24 to 2015 to accommodate Mendes' schedule.
On October 21, Ralph Fiennes confirmed he would be in Bond 24 saying "I think everyone knows that, I don’t think that’s particularly a secret" and later hinted that Gareth Mallory might not be stuck behind a desk in the film. On November 24 Naomie Harris confirmed she would also be returning. In late March 2014 John Logan teased that he had completed the first draft of the script, hinted that some elements from the original films may return but was cautious to reveal any specifics about the possible return of S.P.E.C.T.R.E., Quantum, other 00 agents, or other returning elements. In an April 2014 interview with Charlie Rose, Sam Mendes revealed that Bond 24 would be a "continuation" of the character stories he began in Skyfall, namely the new characters' (M, Moneypenny, Tanner, and Q) relationships with Bond and each other.
On June 27, it was announced that Neal Purvis and Robert Wade were hired to polish the script, specifically to "punch up the script and sprinkle in more gags" and improve the banter between Bond, Moneypenny and M. Some reports indicated the re-write was more significant than originally planned. Due to the re-writes, production was pushed back to December 6 2014 with the same hopeful autumn 2015 release date. In November screenwriter Jeremy "Jez" Butterworth was hired to do a final polish of the script, which reportedly did not affect the filming schedule.
Months after it was confirmed Skyfall cinematographer Roger Deakins would not be returning for Bond 24 Hoyte van Hoytema was named cinematographer. Set construction was spotted in Obertilliach, Austria. In October 2014 French actress Lea Seydoux was announced as being cast as a Bond girl in the film. In November two time Oscar winning actor Christoph Waltz was announced as being cast in a unspecified role. On December 4, 2014 the official title and cast were announced.
Production began on December 5 at Pinewood Studios. Locations for Spectre include Mexico City, Rome, Tangier, Morocco, Sölden Austria, Obertilliach and Lake Altaussee. Jesper Christensen revealed in an interview on December 5 2014 that he would be returning as Mr. White.
In a production video published February 26, 2015 director Sam Mendes shared that the film would continue to explore Bond's past and how his longer tenured experience in MI6 affects his working relationship with M, Q, and Moneypenny. On March 9, 2015 it was announced that Mexican model and actress Stephanie Sigman joined the film as Estrella.
On March 27, 2015 the first teaser trailer for the film was released, showing Spectre takes place immediately after the events of Skyfall, as MI6 is still in ruins and Bond receives his personal effects from the destroyed Skyfall Lodge. The trailer also features Eve Moneypenny, Mr. White, and first glimpses of Monica Bellucci's Lucia Sciarra and Christoph Waltz' Franz Oberhauser.
Also in late March it was revealed that the opening sequence of the film would take place during a Day of the Dead parade in Mexico City, Mexico and feature "one of the biggest opening sequences ever" according to the films' producers.
Cast & CharactersEdit
Supporting cast Edit
- "I am very pleased that by giving me the time I need to honour all my theatre commitments, the producers have made it possible for me to direct Bond 24. I very much look forward to taking up the reins again, and to working with Daniel Craig, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli for a second time."
- ― Sam Mendes
- Directed by: Sam Mendes
- Written by: Ian Fleming (characters only), John Logan, Neal Purvis and Robert Wade (screenplay)
- Produced by: Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli
- Cinematography by Hoyte van Hoytema
- Production Design by Dennis Gassner
- Edited by Lee Smith
- Music composed by Thomas Newman
- 2nd Unit Director Alexander Witt
- SFX Supervisor Chris Corbould
- VFX Supervisor Steve Begg
- Costume Designer Jany Temime
- Stunt Coordinator Gary Powell
Daniel Craig has been rumoured to have asked for Adele to return to perform the next Bond theme following the success of "Skyfall", but fans of other artists are rallying for a change of artist between films. It was reported that MGM was getting tired of waiting for Adele to decide whether or not she wanted to do the song, and that Sam Smith was in talks to do the theme for Bond 24 instead. However, it was further stated that Daniel Craig supposedly still wants Adele to do the theme song. 
Press conference & photo calls Edit
Publicity & behind-the-scenes Edit
DB10 & other vehicles Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 7/11/13 — 007.com — Bond 24 news
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 12/4/14 — 007.com — Bond Returns in Spectre
- ↑ 10/26/13 — Deadline.com — ‘Gladiator’ Scribe John Logan To Write Next Two James Bond Films
- ↑ 2/15/13 — Hitfix.com — Skyfall' director Sam Mendes likely to return for next James Bond film
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 4/30/14 — EmpireOnline.com — Sam Mendes Explains His Bond 24 Return
- ↑ 3/5/14 — Hitfix.com — Ralph Fiennes stokes James Bond rumors and talks about M's future
- ↑ 10/19/13 — Metro.co.uk - Ralph Fiennes ‘excited’ about playing M in the next James Bond film
- ↑ 11/24/13 — NYDailyNews.com - As Winnie Mandela, Naomie Harris found the role of her career in ‘Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom’
- ↑ 3/5/14 — EmpireOnline.com — John Logan Gives Bond 24 Script Update
- ↑ 6/27/14 — SlashFilm.com — ‘Bond 24′ Brings Back ‘Skyfall’ Scribes Neal Purvis and Robert Wade
- ↑ 9/15/14 — TheHollwoodNews.com — Bond 24 Gets A Start Date
- ↑ 11/6/14 — ComicBookMovie.com — Edge of Tommorow Screenwriter Polishing Bond 24 Script
- ↑ 2/19/14 — EmpireOnline.com — Roger Deakins Won't Shoot Bond 24
- ↑ 9/16/14 — Collider.com — HER and INTERSTELLAR Cinematographer Hoyte van Hoytema to Replace Roger Deakins on BOND 24; May Shoot on Film
- ↑ 9/25/14 — ComicbookMovie.com — First BOND 24 Set Photo Has Surfaced
- ↑ 12/10/14 — Move over Rihanna, actress Léa Seydoux is the new Bond girl
- ↑ 21/11/14 — Christoph Waltz Boards Bond 24
- ↑ 12/5/14 — ScreenRant.com — ‘Quantum of Solace’s Mr. White Says He’s Returning for ‘Spectre’
- ↑ 3/9/15 — @007 on Twitter
- ↑ 3/1/15 — MI6-HQ.com — Detlef Bothe Speaks
- ↑ 1/5/13 — Mirror.co.uk — For your ears only! Daniel Craig wants Adele to sing the theme to the next Bond blockbuster
- ↑ 8/8/14 — Enstarz.com — 'James Bond 24' Movie News: Sam Smith In Negotiations For Theme But Star Daniel Craig Still Wants Adele
|James Bond films|
Dr. No (1962) - From Russia with Love (1963) - Goldfinger (1964) - Thunderball (1965) - You Only Live Twice (1967) - Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
| George Lazenby |
On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
Live and Let Die (1973) - The Man with the Golden Gun (1974) - The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) - Moonraker (1979) - For Your Eyes Only (1981) - Octopussy (1983) - A View to a Kill (1985)
The Living Daylights (1987) - Licence to Kill (1989)
GoldenEye (1995) - Tomorrow Never Dies (1998) - The World Is Not Enough (1999) - Die Another Day (2002)
Casino Royale (2006) - Quantum of Solace (2008) - Skyfall (2012) - Spectre (2015) - Bond 25
Casino Royale (1954) - Casino Royale (1967) - Never Say Never Again (1983)