| Knowing who to trust is everything in this business|
This article or section of this article needs proper citations.
Pre-production on Bond 25 has reportedly started with Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli producing the film. EON Productions, MGM and Sony/Columbia Pictures will be producing the film. Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will be distributing the film on home video on behalf of Metro Goldwyn Mayer as Sony's main studio partner and once had a stake in MGM.
Cast & Characters
Daniel Craig is signed on to star in Bond 25 but the actor has publicly stated that he would step down from the franchise if he felt he would be too old to play the character and he was too exhausted after 8 months of filming Spectre (which included an on-set injury). Many fans have made suggestions about who could take on the role if Craig leaves, the list of names include Idris Elba, Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Jackman, Tom Hardy, Damian Lewis, Henry Cavill, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Dornan, Sam Claflin Jamie Bell, Aidan Turner and Theo James.
Christoph Waltz has stated that he would like to reprise his role as Ernst Stavro Blofeld two more times if Daniel Craig returns. If the film continues from Spectre's plot, Lea Seydoux could possibly return for her role as Madeleine Swann and same for Monica Bellucci as Lucia Sciarra and David Bautista as Mr. Hinx.
A popular news story, started by the blog Deadline, reports the Skyfall writer John Logan has been commissioned by Wilson & Broccoli to pen Spectre and Bond 25 as a two-parter.    Months later, this rumor was repudiated but no official announcement either way has been made. Logan did pen the script for Spectre and may be considered a front-runner for hemming the Bond 25 script.
The film will likely be released in October or November, given the history of Casino Royale, Quantum of Solace, Skyfall and Spectre. In July of 2016 Barbara Broccoli mentioned Bond 25 would likely release in 2018.
As of June 2nd, Sony Pictures could lose distribution rights to the Bond films. If such an event occurs, distribution would be handed over to another studio after the release of Spectre; including Walt Disney Pictures, Warner Bros Pictures, Paramount Pictures, Universal Pictures, and 20th Century Fox.
According to a blog website, it was reported that Disney; best known for being the media empire; could handle distribution rights to the James Bond films due to the box office success of Lucasfilm's Star Wars: The Force Awakens. however, it depends on how the deal works in order to out-bid Warner Bros and others. A new report from Forbes contributor Scott Mendelson; it is getting closer that the company itself should buy the Bond franchise after rumours spread over the past few months but this time to keep it away for the competition to get one step further ahead.
It was originally reported in June 2015 that Warner Bros may be the new distributor of the James Bond franchise. However, this perhaps will not work out following the disappointed box office drop of Batman V Superman: Dawn for Justice.
- ↑ http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Daniel-Craig-May-Have-Made-Decision-About-Playing-James-Bond-Here-What-We-Heard-131837.html
- ↑ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/entertainment-arts-36193124
- ↑ http://www.designntrend.com/articles/67740/20160105/spectre-bond-24-christoph-waltz-will-2-more-007-films-daniel-craig.htm
- ↑ http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/gladiator-scribe-john-logan-to-write-next-two-james-bond-films/
- ↑ http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Bond-24-Already-Being-Written-By-John-Logan-33786.html
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0517589/
- ↑ http://www.businessinsider.com/new-james-bond-movie-might-be-delayed-until-2018-2016-7
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2015/10/daniel-craig-james-bond-sony-warner-bros-mgm-daniel-craig-1201528241/
- ↑ What’s next for Disney? (Part 1)
- ↑ What's next for Disney? (Part 2)
- ↑ [http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/07/21/disney-should-grab-the-james-bond-series-to-keep-it-away-from-the-competition/#7f6b256536b4 ]
- ↑ James Bond Distribution Rights Coming Up For Grabs (EXCLUSIVE)
- ↑ James Bond distribution rights (UPDATE): Has Warner Bros drop the Bond bid?
|James Bond films|
Dr. No (1962) - From Russia with Love (1963) - Goldfinger (1964) - Thunderball (1965) - You Only Live Twice (1967) - Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
| George Lazenby |
On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
Live and Let Die (1973) - The Man with the Golden Gun (1974) - The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) - Moonraker (1979) - For Your Eyes Only (1981) - Octopussy (1983) - A View to a Kill (1985)
The Living Daylights (1987) - Licence to Kill (1989)
GoldenEye (1995) - Tomorrow Never Dies (1998) - The World Is Not Enough (1999) - Die Another Day (2002)
Casino Royale (2006) - Quantum of Solace (2008) - Skyfall (2012) - Spectre (2015) - Bond 25
Casino Royale (1954) - Casino Royale (1967) - Never Say Never Again (1983)