|Hair/eye color:||Brown (Eyes), Dark brown (Hair)|
|Height/weight:||-- (Height), -- (Weight)|
|Dist. Features:||Love for snakes and firearms|
|Occupation:||Assassin, Member of SPECTRE|
|Behind the scenes|
|Portrayed By:||Barbara Carrera|
|First Appearance:|| Never Say Never Again (Film)|
|Last Appearance:|| Never Say Never Again (Film)|
- "Now write this: The greatest rapture in my life was afforded me on a boat in Nassau by Fatima Blush. Signed: James Bond, 007."
- ― Fatima Blush to James Bond
Fatima Blush is the secondary antagonist in Never Say Never Again. She is SPECTRE Number 12, and functions as co-conspirator and assassin for the film's primary villain Maximillian Largo. She is played by former model and Playboy cover girl Barbara Carrera.
James Bond first encounters Fatima Blush at a health clinic in London. Late one night, he witnesses a mysterious nurse (Blush) giving a sadomasochistic beating to a patient in a nearby room. The man's face is bandaged and after Fatima finishes her beating, Bond sees the patient using a machine which scans his eye. However, Bond is seen by Blush and an attempt is subsequently made to kill him in the clinic gym.
Blush and her charge, a United States Air Force pilot named Jack Petachi, are operatives of SPECTRE, a criminal organisation run by Ernst Stavro Blofeld. Petachi has undergone an operation on his right eye to make it match the retinal pattern of the US President, which he uses to circumvent security at an American military base in England. While doing so, he replaces the dummy warheads in two cruise missiles with live nuclear warheads; SPECTRE then obtains the warheads to extort billions of dollars from NATO governments. Blush subsequently murders Petachi by throwing a snake into his car and finishing the job with C4 explosives.
Later, while investigating in Nice Bond returns to his villa to find Nicole, his French contact, dead, having been killed by Blush. After a vehicle chase on his motorbike, Blush captures Bond and holds him at gunpoint. In a neurotic twist, 007 is forced to write his memoirs putting her as the "Number One" sexual partner he encountered, Bond uses his Q Branch fountain pen to shoot Blush with a rocket dart. Ironically, nothing is left but her high heel shoes.
- The name "Fatima Blush" came from one of the early scripts of Thunderball by Ian Fleming, Kevin McClory and Jack Whittingam.
- Fatima is based on Fiona Volpe from Thunderball.
- The actress portrayed Fatima guest starred on an episode of TV sitcom "That's 70's Show" alongside Maud Adams (Andrea Anders and Octopussy), Kristina Wayborn (Magda) and Tanya Roberts (Stacey Sutton).
- It is interesting to note that Maud, Kristina and Barbara all played villains.
- Carrera's performance as Fatima Blush earned her a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress, which she lost to Cher for her role in Silkwood.