|Hair/eye color:||Green (Eyes), Blonde (Hair)|
|Height/weight:||-- (Height), -- (Weight)|
|Dist. Features:||Octopussy Tattoo|
|Occupation:||Circus leader, Smuggler|
|Affiliation:|| Octopussy |
|Behind the scenes|
|Portrayed By:||Kristina Wayborn|
|First Appearance:|| Octopussy (Film)|
|Last Appearance:|| Octopussy (Film)|
Magda is Kamal Khan's henchwoman and Octopussy's right hand woman and her most trusted partner in the Octopus Cult. The character was created specifically for the 1983 film Octopussy and was portrayed by Kristina Wayborn.
Magda is first seen at the auction of the Fabergé egg named "Property of a Lady" with Kamal Khan. Bond notices her by saying "Now there is a lady." Magda informs Khan of the missing copy they have lost, and thus Khan has to bid for his own egg in order to return it to the Russian vaults and uncover their operation. James Bond and an MI6 art assessor bid against them, replacing the (real) egg with the copy missing by Kamal, which was retrieved by agent 009 at the cost of his life. Finally, Bond allows them to have the jewel, after having augmented its price considerably. In the switch, Bond manages to steal the authentic egg.
After it becomes clear that Bond has the egg, Magda is sent to seduce Bond to retrieve it. She steals the egg from him after a date and escapes through the balcony. Bond allows this so he can follow the egg. After her escape Bond is attacked by Gobinda. At the Monsoon Palace, Magda witnesses Bond escaping but does not tell. Later, Magda is seen at the Octopussy circus as the ringmaster.
Magda also has an Octopussy Tattoo on her bottom. The Octopus her tattoo is based on is in reality actually based on one of the most dangerous species of Octopus in the world, The Blue Ringed Octopus which also Octopussy keeps as a pet. The Blue Ringed Octopushas enough venom to kill up to 50 people.
Magda also didn't willingly change sides. She only changed after discovering a bomb planted by Khan. Although she even seemed hesitant about changing then even telling Octopussy that it could ruin their entire operation. After being informed of Khan's betrayel, Magda sets out for revenge and joins Bond to help take down Kamal and his remaining henchmen.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Although commonly regarded as a Bond girl, Magda was actually a villain throughout most of the film.
- Magda appeared to have been much more antagonistic and more of a villain than Octopussy. Here are a few reasons:
- Magda was the one who stole the egg from Bond.
- When she was informed that she and Octopussy had been betrayed by Khan and Orlov, Magda tells Octopussy that James could ruin the whole operation, meaning she could've possibly been more concerned about the operation than the lives of all those innocent people and herself.
- And in the ultimate edition DVD Magda is featured beside Kamal and Gobinda, the villains, rather than Octopussy and Bond.
- Her classification on a special feature from the DVD is Bond girl. Though in the first disc she is pictured with the villains. She is considered both by fans.
- She may be a loose adaption of Maria Freudenstein as both are henchman to the villain (while Maria is the main villain and Magda is a betrayed henchman), both have similar names (Ma being the first of five letters), and both are involved with Faberge Egg.