Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spymaker: The Secret Life of Ian Fleming is a 1990 TV biographical film of the life of Ian Fleming, creator of the popular James Bond spy character, retracing his playboy youth, his expulsion from various colleges, his experiences as a newspaper writer and his tour of duty for the British intelligence agency during World War II. Fleming himself is played by Jason Connery, son of Sean Connery. The film was directed by Ferdinand Fairfax, produced by Aida Young and Written by Robert J. Avrech.
The Secret Life of Ian Fleming follows the exciting life of a dashing young Ian Fleming, the mastermind behind the highly successful James Bond books and movies. As a womanizer and a hopeless romantic Fleming got himself expelled from Eton and other prestigious public schools before his mother, fed up, sent to work for Reuters,the news bureau. Whilst covering a show-trial of British engineers in Soviet Moscow, Fleming pulled his first Bond-like escapade, almost losing his life in the process. This caught the interest of Britain's dormant yet watchful military intelligence, later to become the highly acclaimed S.O.E. After Fleming's recruitment into His Majesty's Service, his exploits become increasingly fantastic. It is difficult to believe that this is not fiction! The Secret Life of Ian Fleming goes to prove, once again, the truth certainly is stranger than fiction.
- Jason Connery as Ian Fleming
- Kristin Scott Thomas as Leda St Gabriel
- Joss Ackland as German SS Generaloberst Hielstien
- Patricia Hodge as Lady Evelyn Fleming
- David Warner as Admiral Godfrey, S.O.E. Military Intelligence
- Colin Welland as Reuters World News Editor
- Fiona Fullerton as Lady Caroline Hornsby
- Richard Johnson as General Hornsby
- Julian Firth as Quincy
- Marsha Fitzalan as Miss Delaney
- Ingrid Held as Countess De Turbinville
- Hugo Bower as German SS Major
- Clive Mantle as Marine Sergeant Ellis
- Leo Fenn as young Ian Fleming
- Tara McGowran as Daphne
- Edita Brychta as Maya
- Octavia Verdin as Colette
- Brendon Nolan as S.O.E. Agent