Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ursula Andress is a Swiss actress and sex symbol of the 1960s who is best known for her role as Bond girl Honey Ryder in the first James Bond film, Dr. No (1962), for which she won a Golden Globe. She later starred as Vesper Lynd in the 1967 Bond-parody Casino Royale. For her role in Dr. No, Andress won the Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year in 1964.
Andress became famous for her portrayal of Honey Ryder, a shell diver and James Bond's object of desire in the very first Bond film, Dr. No (1962). In a well-known scene, she rises out of the Caribbean Sea in a white bikini. The iconic scene made Andress the quintessential Bond girl, inspiring every bikini-clad Bond girl to come, including Halle Berry, who in Die Another Day emerges from the sea in a similar fashion.
- Two weeks before filming was due to start, the part of Honey Ryder was still to be cast. The producers then saw a photograph that actor John Derek had taken of his wife, Ursula Andress, and offered her the part without even meeting her. Some sources claim that the photograph allegedly featured Andress in a wet T-shirt competition. Andress, who wasn't overly interested in acting at the time, only agreed to do it when family friend Kirk Douglas read the script and urged her to take it on.
- Due to Andress' heavy Swiss-German accent, Honey Ryder's voice was provided by Nikki van der Zyl, while the calypso was sung by Diana Coupland.
- The bikini Andress wore in Dr. No was sold at auction in 2001 for a whopping £35,000. 
- In 2003, in a UK Survey by Channel 4, Andress' entrance in Dr. No was voted #1 in "the 100 Greatest Sexy Moments". 
- Andress was apparently paid $6000 for appearing in Dr. No. She had a salary of $1000 per week for six weeks work.