- Note: All non-Bond related links will take you to the Oscars Wiki
The nominees for Best Original Song at the 2013 Academy Awards are as follows:
- "Skyfall" from Skyfall – Adele Adkins and Paul Epworth
- "Before My Time" from Chasing Ice – J. Ralph
- "Everybody Needs a Best Friend" from Ted – Walter Murphy and Seth MacFarlane
- "Pi's Lullaby" from Life of Pi – Mychael Danna and Bombay Jayashri
- "Suddenly" from Les Misérables – Claude-Michel Schönberg, Herbert Kretzmer, and Alain Boublil
This marks the first time that a James Bond theme song has been nominated for the Oscar since 1981's "For Your Eyes Only", which did not win. Previously, Paul McCartney's "Live and Let Die" and Carly Simon's "Nobody Does It Better" were also nominated for the award. Despite "Skyfall" being the 4th Bond song nominated, it's the only one to reach Billboard's Top Ten immediately upon its release, and probably has the best chance of actually winning the award.
The real breaking news is that Adele will be performing "Skyfall" at the 85th Academy Awards on February 24th at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood, California. This will be the first time she has performed the song live. So far, it is the only confirmed music performance of the night. In a statement Adele said, "It's an honour to be nominated and terrifyingly wonderful to be singing in front of people who have captured my imagination over and over again. It's something I've never experienced and probably only ever will once!" 
UPDATE: It is also rumored that all six actors who portrayed James Bond will make an unprecedented appearance together at the Academy Awards to mark the franchise's 50th anniversary. This would include Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan, and Daniel Craig. Perhaps this reunion will be part of, or take place during, Adele's performance, but it's still unknown.