You Only Live Twice was a radio drama adaptation of Ian Fleming's 1964 novel that first aired in 1990 on the BBC's main spoken-word channel, Radio 4. It was the first Fleming novel adapted by the station and starred actor Michael Jayston as the titular character for the first and only time.
- "James Bond's wife, Tracey, has been murdered by his deadly enemy Blofeld. Agent 007 has gone completely to pieces and is drafting his resignation. But 'M' is prepared to give him one last chance to prove himself - on a mission which will lead him to a fatal encounter in a Japanese Garden of Death."
- ― Official BBC promotional blurb.
In 1990 the novel You Only Live Twice was dramatised for radio by director Michael Bakewell; it featured a full cast starring Michael Jayston as James Bond and was repeated a number of times between 2008 and 2013. The next adaptation of a Fleming novel by BBC Radio 4 would be almost eighteen years later, with 2008's Dr. No, starting a new series of audio dramas produced by Jarvis & Ayres and featuring Toby Stephens as 007.
- James Bond ... Michael Jayston
- 'Tiger' Tanaka ... Clive Merrison
- Kissy Suzuki ... Sayo Inaba
- Blofeld ... Ronald Herdman
- Irma Bunt ... Maxine Audley
- Dikko Henderson ... Jame Laurenson
- Tracy ... Emma Gregory
- 'M' ... David King
- Molony ... Michale Turner
- Ando ... Burt Kwouk
- Kono ... Mark Straker
- Trembling Leaf ... Danielle Allen
- Mariko ... Tara Dominick
- Priest ... Danid Bannerman